I thought it would be a great idea to start up a Social group for people in and around Aylesbury for people who want to meet up for:-
dining out, theatre and cinema evenings, 30 to 60 Year olds, looking to get out and about, enjoying new events and meet new friends. The types of events we do,
Once a month Dining - at a lovely venue, from country pubs and restaurants in nearby villages and more local venues like The Woolpack, Broad Leys.... for good food, good company and good conversation.
Theatre evenings - In aylesbury and beyond, from musicals to dramas, and shakespeare in the summer at Tring.... the worlds our oyster. Includes the odd show in London too! Not forgetting the Monthly Friday comedy nights at The Waterside, which now includes optional pre comedy meal, to start our weekend off with a laugh!
Cinema Nights - for that film you have been waiting to see, which you can now share with others, and optional after film drink and catch up.
Monthly Book Club - We meet up on a Sunday Evening at The Charter once a month for an informal meet up and discussion about that month's book, and a nice get together for a couple of hours.
You can pick and choose any of the events that will be happening, and go to the ones that YOU are interested in. Its that simple and easy, so why not come along join the new group, and kick start your social scene !!
1. Anyone wishing to join the group will need to include a picture of themselves within their profile. So the host can look out for you at any event you attend.
2. There is a £10 annual fee, which is payable at the first event you attend.
3. For all meals a deposit of £5 is required. The deposit is then taken off the cost of your meal on the night. This allows confirmation of final numbers to the restaurant in plenty of notice.
4. Deposits for meals are non refundable.
5 Theatre payments - once payments are made and tickets purchased this is non refundable. However if you are no longer able to make the event do let me know and I will announce to all members that a ticket is available. If a member then wishes to purchase your ticket they will then pay you directly for ticket.
4. If you put your name down for an event - and then cannot make the event, (life happens) you must always change your RSVP to No, so that the host is not waiting for people who are not coming, or waiting for payments for tickets when people are not coming along. It takes just a couple of seconds to change your RSVP to No and is polite to do so, and makes organising much easier. For serial offenders ie people who do not change their RSVP and do not turn up, they will be removed from the group.
Its important to outline the rules from the start, so that everyone understands what is required of them, and then makes for a relaxed and fun time at the events.
|Karen Stritch, Head Organizer|
Plus 42 Members!